Tournament series EStars has announced a new Fortnite grassroots esports tournament taking place in stadiums across the UK and Ireland.
The solo battle royale competition starts on January 4th 2019 at Glasgow’s Celtic Park Stadium and culminates in the finals at Chelsea FC’s Stamford Bridge in London on March 31st. It’s open to anyone aged 12 and up.
The total prize pool is £50,000, with £25,000 going to the winner. EStars says there are more than 600 individual cash prizes to be won spread across the following ten different locations:
- 4th, 5th & 6th January 2019 – Celtic Park Stadium, Glasgow, Scotland
- 11th, 12th & 13th January 2019 – Emirates Stadium, London, England
- 18th, 19th & 20th January 2019 – Amex Stadium, Brighton, England
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd February 2019 – Liberty Stadium, Swansea, Wales
- 15th, 16th & 17th February 2019 – Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland
- 22nd, 23rd & 24th February 2019 – Molineux Stadium, Wolverhampton, England.
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd March 2019 – St. James’ Park Stadium, Newcastle, England.
- 8th, 9th, & 10th March 2019 – The National Stadium at Windsor Park, Belfast, NI
- 22nd, 23rd & 24th March 2019 – Etihad Stadium, Manchester, England.
- 29th & 30th March 2019 – Stamford Bridge, London, England.
- Final: 31st March 2019 – Stamford Bridge, London, England
There will also be dance contests (shudders at the thought of parents trying to do the flossing dance), VIP meet and greets and opportunities to win esports prizes.
Maeve Finnegan from EStars said:”We are delighted to bring the most popular game in the world to life across the UK and Ireland. EStars featuring Fortnite is for fans of Fortnite to play together. It promises to be an engrossing extravaganza that will be spectacular for the gamers.”
EStars aims to give players at all levels the chance to compete in tournaments and focus on community gaming events.
EStars held a League of Legends tournament earlier this year, with rosters representing Irish football teams.
General tickets to the Fortnite tournament are on sale on www.estars.pro priced at £25 or €30.
Dom is an award-winning writer who graduated from Bournemouth University with a 2:1 degree in Multi-Media Journalism in 2007.
A keen League of Legends and World of Warcraft player, he has written for a range of publications including GamesTM, Nintendo Official Magazine, industry publication MCV as well as Riot Games and others. He works as full-time content director for the British Esports Association and runs ENUK in his spare time.