This past Saturday the UK esports scene descended upon Rich Mix in Shoreditch to see who would be crowned winners at the second annual UK Esports Awards.
The event – hosted by Elle Osili-Wood and Jack “Jacky” Peters – saw a total of 13 awards given out.
The night saw several returning winners including Organisation Of The Year for Excel Esports, Manager Of The Year for Kalvin “KalKal” Chung and Videographer Of The Year for Rhys Rasmussen.
First-time winners included Method co-owner Scott “Sco” McMillan for Streamer Of The Year, Hitmarker Jobs as Service Provider Of The Year and Esports Insider’s Adam Fitch for Reporter Of The Year.
The judging panel for the awards included Graham ‘Messioso’ Pitt (director of esports operations for RFRSH Entertainment), Tom ‘Tridd’ Underwood (commentator and host), Ryan Hart (presenter and caster), Thomas ‘Gumpster’ Gumbleton (epic.LAN esports manager), Dominic Sacco (editor for Esports News UK), Charlie Tizard (NSE) and James ‘Bakery’ Baker (business development manager for Dignitas).
UK Esports Awards 2019 winners
- Player Of The Year: Liam “ThunderStruck” McCarron
- Team/Org Of The Year: Excel Esports
- Manager Of The Year: Kalvin “KalKal” Chung
- Caster Of The Year: Josh “Sideshow” Wilkinson
- Presenter Of The Year: Frankie Ward
- Streamer Of The Year: Scott “Sco” McMillan
- Tournament Of The Year: CWL London 2019
- Admin Of The Year: Jasmine “Veracity” Kanuga
- Photographer Of The Year: Joe Brady
- Videographer Of The Year: Rhys Rasmussen
- Reporter Of The Year: Adam Fitch
- Service Provider Of The Year: Hitmarker Jobs
- Backstage Hero: Mark Rapson