MarkyB named head coach at LA Guerrillas as CoD rostermania continues, with several UK players moving teams
Dom Sacco, Senior Editor
Last Updated: 16/09/2022
Scottish Call of Duty (CoD) coach Mark ‘MarkyB’ Bryceland has joined the Los Angeles Guerrillas in the CoD League.
He moves from Toronto Ultra, where he helped them take third place at CoD Major 3. He worked with a mix of UK players there including Insight, Hicksy, Cammy and Bance, with the latter two moving to the Minnesota RØKKR.
MarkyB, who retired as a pro player in 2018, said he’s extremely excited about the move and is looking forward to working with the players and staff at the LA Guerrillas.
I’m extremely excited to announce that I’m now the Head Coach of the @LAGuerrillas.
— Mark Bryceland (@MarkyB) September 15, 2022
Looking forward to working with all the players and staff. It’s time to get to work! https://t.co/ZvV2tPNm2X
LA Guerrillas current players include North American CoD talent Huke, Spart, Neptune and Arcitys.
Asim, SlasheR and Gunless recently left the team, with SlasheR joining Atlanta FaZe and the other two currently free agents.
Alex Rubens, who leads The Guard, the LA Guerrillas’ parent organisation (which is part of Arsenal FC owners Kroenke Sports & Entertainment), said:
“Stoked to have Mark leading our team into the future. He’s a proven leader and fits perfectly into our ethos of winning the right way and playing for the long game.”
Alex Rubens, LA Guerrillas
“I can’t wait to see what he’s able to do with this squad, the season can’t come soon enough!”
The Guard also has the Overwatch League team, the LA Gladiators.
The news comes after the UK’s CoD League franchise team, the London Royal Ravens, announced one of their UK players – Afro – had left to join Minnesota RØKKR last month.
This means Minnesota now have three UK players – Afro, Bance and Cammy.
We’ll update this article after other UK Call of Duty players move teams during what’s known as ‘rostermania’.
Related article: Interview with London Royal Ravens’ ODEE and Zer0 on playing at Insomnia, franchising and the future of CoD esports
Dom Sacco, Senior Editor
Dom is an award-winning writer and finalist of the Esports Journalist of the Year 2023 award. He has almost two decades of experience in journalism, and left Esports News UK in June 2025. As a long-time gamer having first picked up the NES controller in the late '80s, he has written for a range of publications including GamesTM, Nintendo Official Magazine, industry publication MCV and others. He also previously worked as head of content for the British Esports Federation.
Stay Updated with the Latest News
Get the most important stories delivered straight to your Google News feed — timely and reliable
From breaking news and in-depth match analysis to exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes content, we bring you the stories that shape the esports scene.
Monthly Visitors
User Satisfaction
Years experience