Some of the hottest up-and-coming talent from competitive UK League of Legends will be taking part in a promising new scouting initiative.
The four-day European amateur scouting combine will get underway on April 24th, hosted by former Team Dignitas pro player and current eUnited coach Ram “Brokenshard” Djemal.
So far, ten players have been confirmed, including some with experience in the UK scene: mid-laner Larssen, ADC Deadly, top-laner Rifty, jungler Phurion, KIYF mid-laner Special and support player Arphan.
Other players include Treatz, SezzeR, Arin, Norskeren and MonkWillCarry. There will be 20 players on four teams overall.
Brokenshard says any EU West Master 200+ players can apply up until April 21st.
In order to apply please send Your full name, IGN, age, current elo, and previous competitive experience (if any) to [email protected]
— Ram Djemal (@Brokenshard_) April 10, 2017
The scouting event will feature a draft, round-robin tournament, semi-finals and a final. A prize pool has not yet been announced.
“There are a lot of players who would thrive in the limelight but just didn’t have the opportunity to showcase it to a large audience just yet,” Brokenshard told ESPN.
“This could just give several players their first opportunity playing in a structured environment or even on stream.
“I just wanted to be able to provide an environment for fresh players to see where they stand against some experienced challengers.”
It goes without saying, this is a great opportunity for some of the UK scene’s finest to begin to make a name for themselves on the European League of Legends esports stage.

Dom is an award-winning writer and finalist of the Esports Journalist of the Year 2023 award. He graduated from Bournemouth University with a 2:1 degree in Multi-Media Journalism in 2007.
As a long-time gamer having first picked up the NES controller in the late ’80s, he has written for a range of publications including GamesTM, Nintendo Official Magazine, industry publication MCV and others. He worked as head of content for the British Esports Federation up until February 2021, when he stepped back to work full-time on Esports News UK and offer esports consultancy and freelance services. Note: Dom still produces the British Esports newsletter on a freelance basis, so our coverage of British Esports is always kept simple – usually just covering the occasional press release – because of this conflict of interest.