Street Fighter pro Daigo Umehara took home $10,000 after winning the 2011 ReveLAtions game tournament undefeated last month.
It was a sweet victory for Team Mad Catz as Daigo’s team mate TOPANGA.Mago finished in second place with $3,000 winnings.
The pair fended off over 400 other competitive gamers taking part in the Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition tournament.
Daigo also went on to win first place in the Street Fighter II Turbo. Both players used Mad Catz Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition Fighting Sticks.
The team finished fourth at the recent Shadowloo Showdown 2011, with Poongko coming out on top.
The final standings from ReveLAtions 2011 are as follows:
- Daigo ‘THE BEAST’ Umehara | Tokyo, JPN – Yun
- TOPANGA.Mago the ‘2DGOD’ | Tokyo, JPN – Fei Long, Sagat
- Hsien Chang | Texas – Yun
- BROKENTIER.Latif | Arizona – C. Viper
- INFILTRATION | S. Korea – Akuma
- ClakeyD | California – Ibuki (joint fifth)
- WolfKrone | Michigan – C. Viper
- ROM | California – Yang (joint seventh)
Dom is an award-winning writer who graduated from Bournemouth University with a 2:1 degree in Multi-Media Journalism in 2007.
As a long-time gamer having first picked up the NES controller in the late ’80s, he has written for a range of publications including GamesTM, Nintendo Official Magazine, industry publication MCV as well as Riot Games and others. He worked as head of content for the British Esports Association up until February 2021, when he stepped back to work full-time on Esports News UK and as an esports consultant helping brands and businesses better understand the industry.