Scottish Rainbow Six Siege pro Jack ‘Doki’ Robertson has been banned by Ubisoft and ESL due to ‘severe toxicity’.
The Natus Vincere (Na’Vi) player’s account was permanently banned by Ubisoft – a moment caught on stream:
ESL has followed this up with a six-month ban on the esports side.
ESL said in a statement: “Following Doki’s ban in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege by Ubisoft for display of severe toxicity, ESL is honouring the publisher punishment and issuing the player a 6-month ban for the Rainbow Six Pro League, Challenger League and its online qualifiers, the Six Invitational 2020 and its online qualifiers, as well as the ESL Rainbow Six Premiership and any other Rainbow Six tournaments operated by ESL, effective immediately.”
Doki – who has previously played for UK orgs Vexed and MnM – responded to the ban with a string of honest and heartfelt comments on Twitter.
He said: “While I’m upset by the ruling, I respect their decision. I’ve always been a big believer that actions have consequences and I’m no exception.
“I’m at fault for past cases of toxic offences. People that know me or follow my stream will know that I’m not a bad person at heart. I can get emotional at times but there’s never any malicious intent behind my words.
“In the blink of an eye, my past actions cost me years of hard work. It’s devastating. Thank you to everyone once again, and sorry. I let you down and I let myself down.”
You can see Doki’s full response in the tweets below:
Thank you to everyone once again, and sorry. I let you down and I let myself down. The words that I was banned for do not define me as the person I am today.— Doki (@Doki_R6) October 11, 2019
I'll continue to better myself in every way I can, not just over the past six months but beyond.
Dom is an award-winning writer who graduated from Bournemouth University with a 2:1 degree in Multi-Media Journalism in 2007.
As a long-time gamer having first picked up the NES controller in the late ’80s, he has written for a range of publications including GamesTM, Nintendo Official Magazine, industry publication MCV as well as Riot Games and others. He worked as head of content for the British Esports Association up until February 2021, when he stepped back to work full-time on Esports News UK and as an esports consultant helping brands and businesses better understand the industry.