UK esports organisation Williams Resolve have benched French Rocket League player Thiméo ‘Saizen’ Corcuff for his behaviour.
The 16-year-old was dropped during the RLCS Regional Qualifier on Sunday and replaced by the team’s Dutch head coach Rix Ronday. He will play the remainder of the season alongside French player Pierre ‘Pryyme’ Binet and Spain’s Marc ‘Stake’ Bosch.
Williams Resolve made the announcement on Twitter, saying Saizen had been previously warned for his behaviour and also fined.
The org stated that they will continue to try and educate Saizen to become more professional and that bringing in Rix Ronday is ‘not the ideal situation’ as he’s not been a pro player for some time.
“We want to continue to foster the right environment internally for our players and staff and will continue to prioritise this over anything,” Williams Resolve said.
In a Twitlonger post, Saizen apologised for “being a super toxic person towards everyone”.
He said: “I have some serious stuff IRL going on since [I was] 13/14 with my parents and that’s why I’ve been living on my own since 15. I have always been alone in my room and had a lot of problems with everyone at school. So now I’m just a dickhead to everyone. I have not been a good teamate with Pryyme and Rado and with Pryyme and Stake. There are sometimes where I wasn’t motivated at all, [I wasn’t communicating much] and was playing bad.”
He also spoke about rage-quitting and being told by Resolve director of operations Jeff Simpkins he couldn’t play the rest of the regional.
Saizen’s teammate Pryyme added: “We tried many players with saizen, including exotiik, juicy and noly. It went really really good with those three. We got noly as our last try so we told juicy that we will not take him. In the same evening, one day before the end of the trade window, Exotiik went to SMPR and noly to KC. We saw Stake benched so we took him. And this is where it started.
“Saizen kept telling me “we made the wrong choice” in French, in comms mid RLCS, talking to others saying that if he knew, he would have picked someone else [over Stake]. I can’t stand his differents moods: from having an argument with the coach, to motivated, to trashing his teammate, to motivated.”
Pryyme, Williams Resolve
“Resolve really put many many efforts there to help us mentally and in-game, with [Resolve head of performance] AJ dedicating a lot of his time trying to understand us and help us get better and stuff.”
Stake commented: “Left a team where there wasn’t a good environtment, and joined one that is completely broken. No one has any problem with me in the team. I don’t want this stuff that is happening which is not in my hands to affecy my ‘reputation’ or if anyone doubts my professionalism and attitude. I want to add that Resolve are managing the situation the best they can and there are zero problems with the organisation.”
Rix Ronday and Jeff also spoke publicly about the situation:
Related article: Three student Rocket League teams from the UK qualify for Collegiate World Championship, as UK pro teams announce roster changes

Dom is an award-winning writer and finalist of the Esports Journalist of the Year 2023 award. He graduated from Bournemouth University with a 2:1 degree in Multi-Media Journalism in 2007.
As a long-time gamer having first picked up the NES controller in the late ’80s, he has written for a range of publications including GamesTM, Nintendo Official Magazine, industry publication MCV and others. He worked as head of content for the British Esports Federation up until February 2021, when he stepped back to work full-time on Esports News UK and offer esports consultancy and freelance services. Note: Dom still produces the British Esports newsletter on a freelance basis, so our coverage of British Esports is always kept simple – usually just covering the occasional press release – because of this conflict of interest.